* 4 6-ounce salmon fillets
* salt and pepper, to taste
* 4 tablespoons butter
* 7 tablespoons honey divided
* 1 cup balsamic vinegar
* 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
* 1/3 cup fresh basil thinly sliced
* 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
* cracked black pepper for topping
* In a medium sauce pan, bring balsamic vinegar to a boil. Continue to cook 10-12 minutes until liquid has reduced by half. Stir in 4 tablespoons of honey and simmer for another 2-5 minute or until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Transfer to a heat-safe bowl or jar to cool while you cook the salmon.
* Season salmon with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a large pan or skillet. Stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons of honey.
* Transfer salmon to a skillet and cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes, being sure not to move the salmon while cooking, then flip the salmon over and cook for another 6-8 minutes until cooked through and browned on both sides.
* Top salmon with tomatoes and cracked black pepper. Drizzle with the honey balsamic glaze, then top with parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Serve immediately.